8.16.2007

Pash "ABCD"













I usually spend my summers not trying too hard when it comes to music; I like to beat the heat by listening to the yesteryear gems (read: hippie nonsense) of my collection, but lately there has simply been a wealth of great new indie music falling like manna into my lap. The latest is Virginia band Pash, whose debut disc The Best Gun is about to drop (8/28 on Exotic Fever Records). Heavy on the hook and the jangle, it recalls the best moments of The Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The Pretenders, with the sonic overtones of bands like Throwing Muses. The songwriting is sharp, the chemistry of the players undeniable, and singer Meredith Munoz shines on nearly every cut. Superb post-punk-pop, that's Pash. Check out "ABCD"

1 comment:

pash said...

Thanks for the nice comments!

<3 erik pash