11.19.2008

A Wacky, Beautiful Promo Mix by Max Tundra

I'd write my own description, but I can't say it better than this:

"Max and I met in Barcelona in 2005 at Primavera Sound. His slot was at 4am. He put on a mask, wrapped himself up in tape, and played forty minutes of music made mostly using Amiga sample tracker software from the late 1980s. There was virtuosic melodica playing, Pointer Sisters-style singing, and an eight-minute version of “So Long, Farewell” from The Sound Of Music. I was wasted and ended up passing out on a beach in my underwear. When the sun rose, I woke up with dried meringue and sand glued to my hair, and in a daze, I realized that I had just witnessed nothing less than the best music performance of my life." --Owen Pallett, Final Fantasy

Max Tundra Promo Mix

Tracklist:
Max Tundra: Orphaned
The Funky Worm: Hustle!
Jensen Sportag: Cocktease
Set The Tone: All Tied Up
Ark: Le Magicien D'Os (Mr Oizo Mix)
Linda Scott: I've Told Every Little Star
Soundhack: Rodeo
Roberto De Simone: Secondo Coro Delle Lavandale
Jerry Goodman & Jan Hammer: Like Children
Skeletons & The Girl Faced Boys: Git
Von Südenfed: Fledermaus Can't Get It (Max Tundra Mix)
Mr Oizo: Patrick122
Louchie Lou & Michie One: Shout (Acapella)
Frank Zappa: Night School
The Art of Noise: Snapshot
Funk D'Void: Jack Me Off
Basti: Man At CIA
Trans Am: Cold War (A Grape Dope Mix)
Royal Trux: Money For Nothing
Thomas Bangalter: Ventura/Into The Tunnel
Ivor Cutler: The Railway Sleepers
Mint Royale: The Effect On Me (Max Tundra Mix)
George Duke: Stand
Ronnie Hazlehurst: Sorry! Theme
Busta Rhymes: Gimme Some More
The Flying Lizards: Gyrostatics
Eskaton: If
Max Tundra: Which Song
Scritti Politti: Small Talk
The Jammers: Be Mine Tonight
Gentle Giant: Interview
Mr Oizo: Skatesteak
DJ Brokenwindow: Hair, Nails, Percolator
Dominique Leone: Nous Tombons Dans Elle
The System: Now I Am Electric
10cc: Clockwork Creep
Trans-X: Digital World
Harry Merry: Bye Bye, Here's Some Stuff
Kimitaka Matsumae: Dekanime Theme
Slick: Space Bass
IQ: Beef In Box
Max Tundra: Glycaemic Index Blues
Neil & Iraiza: Wasted Time
Devo: Theme From Dr Detroit
Patrick D Martin: I Like Lectric MotorsAlign Center
Manfred Mann: Can't Eat Meat
Ride: Leave Them All Behind
Brandy: What About Us
Illreme: Kyou Wo Tou
Prince: Let's Go Crazy (12" Mix)
Steely Dan: Bodhisattva

No comments: