5.12.2008

Minimal Monday

I hadn't planned on falling off the face of the blogosphere...I'm road-tripping through Arizona and the Southwest, and had planned all sorts of dispatches from the road, but my digs up in Sedona, while fancy, lacked the Wi-Fi they promised in the brochure. What kind of animals do they think we are anyway? The only place I could find with Wi-Fi was a local Safeway, and I just couldn't bring myself to break out my laptop while buying toothpaste. Maybe next time. ANYWAY...here in sunny Scottsdale, we've traded the majestic scenery for the Internet, and the world is beginning to right itself. Listening to minimal techno driving through the red bluffs and giant cactus is delightfully incongruous...a definite collision of the old world and the new.

Phil Kieran Electronation, KINK FM 3/22/08
Richie Hawtin Resident Advisor 100th Podcast 4/28/08
Richie Hawtin vs Ricardo Villalobos @ Parc J-D 4/6/06 Part 1 & Part 2
Gabriel Ananda @ The End Rmx 3/8/08

1 comment:

Thomas said...

i love Villalobos. at least the stuff that i've heard. i really should buy some of his albums.