3.25.2007

So Long, Stardust


A couple weeks ago, my friend Simon and I ventured out at the ungodly hour of 2AM (on a Tuesday night) to witness once of the best things I've seen in the two or so years I've been in Vegas: the implosion of the Stardust Hotel. I was in the Stardust (unknowingly) on the last day it was open, and people were scrambling around, taking everything that wasn't nailed down as a memento of one of the last old mob hotels. It was quite a surreal scene. But watching it come down was something else. The air was electric, and although I'm no Martin Scorcese, my little hand-held video does capture some of the excitement of the spectacle (and thankfully doesn't capture the blanket of dust that then engulfed the whole city). Download "Ziggy Stardust" by Bauhaus

No comments: